STEPPE NOMADS ECO CAMP
Steppe Nomads eco camp is located in the beautiful Gun-Galuut Nature Reserve, approximately 130 kilometers east of Ulaanbaatar, the capital of Mongolia. On the border of the Great Mongolian Steppes (grasslands), Steppe Nomads is the main gateway to many highlights of eastern Mongolia; the birthplace of Chinggis Khaan, the ruins of Chinggis Khaan's Aurag Orda city and many more places of interest.
In 2004, Mongolia's leading tour operator Selena Travel formed a partnership with the local government and nomad community to create the Gun-Galuut Nature Reserve and develop community-based tourism. Selena Travel built and operates Steppe Nomads in the designated tourist zone of the Reserve. Gun-Galuut's mission of environmental and cultural stewardship and sustainability is reflected in the operations of Steppe Nomads. All our electricity and hot water demands are met by solar and wind power. Our guests stay in comfortable gers (the traditional, felt Mongolian dwelling), furnished in traditional nomadic style. We grow our own vegetables and the local nomad families keep the camp's kitchen stocked with dairy products and meat from their livestock.
Steppe Nomads works closely with the local nomad community. We offer job opportunities and support and financially invest in the Reserve's conservation practices and policies that maintain the balance between healthy grazing conditions for the nomads' livestock and the health of the Reserve's unique ecosystems.
• "Steppe Art" handcraft shop
• Internet connection
• Laundry service
• Oriental relaxing massage
• Traditional Mongolian clothing rentals (for photos)
• Mongolian nomadic games
• Traditional archery session with/without instructor
• Binoculars, spotting scope rentals for wildlife viewing
• Fishing gears and other sport equipment rental
• Kayak, Rubber boat & Rafting rentals
• Mountain bike rentals
• Bon fire & barbeque party
• Comfortable Ger accommodation
• Wooden houses with open fireplace
• 24 hour reception
• Asian & Western Restaurant
• Bar & Leisure House
• Paradise Garden Gazebo by the river shore
• Western style hot shower & washing facilities
• Western style WCs